Im replying to my post because Im having a really hard time with the below from wiki.

Quote:
Thus the more massive body does not change its velocity, and the less massive body travels at twice the velocity of the more massive body less its own original velocity. Assuming both masses were heading towards each other on impact, the less massive body is now therefore moving in the opposite direction at twice the speed of the more massive body plus its own original speed.

Thus the more massive body does not change its velocity
that doesnt seem like it belongs in physics.

and the less massive body travels at twice the velocity of the more massive body less its own original velocity

that makes absolutely no sense.

twice the velocity !

no matter what the momentum is of the 2 bodies as long as one of them is more massive than the other.

thats like saying a car hits a train head on and the trains speed does not decrease.

train mass = 5 million kg
train velocity = +10 m/s
50 million Ns

what if the car has a speed of -5 million m/s
or -500 million m/s?

I say if the car weighs only 1 kg and it has enough speed it can not only stop the train but reverse its direction.

I dont think I'll use that method of determining the speed of the mass as it passes through the turn.

because this is the year 2011 and physics should have advanced beyond that type of crap.

its like there applying speed limits to math.
like they did to light.
like they own it.
or trying to control it would be the better choice of words.

so since physics math is not sure of what happens in a collision I dont think we should treat the turn as a collision.

we have too much troubles with the mass having to stop
and then reverse direction.

but the mass in our turn does not stop.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.