if impulse is also not a force then I wont use it either.

1 Newton

is a force of earths gravity on a mass of
about 102 g = (1/9.81 kg) (such as a small apple).

were not discussing anything on earth.

so we shouldnt use newtons as the unit of force either.

1 pound force

is equal to the gravitational force exerted on a mass of one avoirdupois pound on the surface of Earth
so we shouldnt use pound force either.

1 dyne

is the force required to accelerate a mass of one gram at a rate of one centimetre per second squared

maybe we should use dyne as our force because we are not affected by earths gravity in space , in fact lets move the pipe a long distance away from a gravity source so that gravity will not interfere with our discussion.

1 dyn = 1 g·cm/s² = .00001 N

so 1kg at a velocity of 1000 cm/s = 1000 dyn

so the force for acceleration would be
1000 dyn force = 1 kg at a rate of 10m/s/s
meaning that a force of 1000 dyn applied each second is required to accelerate an 1 kg mass to a acceleration of 10m/s/s

and the impact force would be
1000 dyn = 1 kg at a velocity of 10m/s

the reason I reason the above is because at impact the
product of the impacting objects mass x its velocity is the force that another object will feel. so it does not matter what the impacting objects rate of acceleration was before the impact.

thus my biotch with the current use of the word force only being associated with an accelerating object.

lets call 1000 dyne kdf for killo dyn force

so that we can say things like the following.

1 kdf will accelerate a 1 kg mass to 10 m/s/s
and
a object with a mass of 1 kg and a velocity of 10 m/s strikes a wall with a force of 1 kdf

this way I can use the word force while trying to discuss what were trying to discuss.

as in the force that the mass has as it enters the turn.

that force being the product of its mass x its velocity
and I will use kdf as the units.

or I could do this when communicating.

as in a equation

the product of the masses mass x its velocity = mv

and

a = the product of the masses mass x its velocity / Mass

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.