Quote:
:kallog]Your use of English is part of your problem. "transfer double .." means it _transfers_ twice what it had. It doesn't mean anything doubles its momentum.

you mean it transfers twice its momentum because thats what it had?
1)it had mass
and
2)its mass had velocity

I would think that what it had was a combination of its mass
and its velocity , which is its momentum.

it didnt transfer twice its mass!
it didnt transfer twice its velocity!
so what is the thing it had that it transfered twice?

Quote:
:kallog]Anyway, we know that for every mass, the effect of the turns and accelerator cancel out. No matter how many masses you use, they're still cancelling out.

theres only 1 turn.

Quote:
:paul]by bringing the two ends of turn 2 together so that they do not form a turn around.

and so that the mass must stop as it reaches the furthermost
(+) side of the pipe.

this would remove 1 of the 2 turns.

Quote:
:kallog]If you want to change it to a dead-end then you have to clearly state that the entire recirculating mass idea was wrong.

it wasnt wrong , its the same thing.
the 2nd turn applied +4000N also.

remember the masses that floated to the 2nd turn , they supplied no force that would cause the pipe to accelerate or decelerate.

I just replaced the turn that was giving the pipe
the +4000N force with a full stop decelerator that gives the pipe a +4000N force.

and the +4000N is still there because the decelerator is attached to the pipe and it decelerates the 50 100 kg masses to 0 m/s.

+80N is required to decelerate a 100kg mass from +40m/s to 0 m/s.

50 x +80N = +4000N

its still +8000N pipe and -4000N pipe as its always been.

leaving a +4000N force to move the pipe in the (+) direction.

Quote:
:kallog]mass x velocity does not have units of force (N). Why should I try to interpret what you intend to say when it has such fundamental mistakes.

Quote:
:kallog]If you mean momentum, then that won't be 40 anythings either. The momentum will depend on how much time the force was applied for. You havn't stated that so we can't know what the momentum will be.

your talking about acceleration because f=ma
you dont need time to calculate momentum.
p=mv
time is already in the velocity

momentum = mass x velocity

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Momentum

Quote:
:wikipedia]In classical mechanics, momentum (pl. momenta; SI unit kg·m/s, or, equivalently, N·s) is the product of the mass and velocity of an object

I said the following

Quote:
:paul]and it will equal -40N

by applying the -40N force to the spring that is attached to the solar sail.
over a time of 1 second
or over a time of 1000 seconds does not matter.

the spring only requires -40N to compress it.

you can take a million years to let the spring expand but all you will ever get out of it is -40N acting against the solar sail.

so guess what , if it takes a million years or 1 second for the spring to expand , the solar sail will still have
only -40N momentum because if you multiply its velocity x its mass its momentum will equal -40N

if I would have included time by adding the time it takes for the spring to compress it would not change a thing.

if I would have included time by adding the time it takes for the spring to expand it would not change a thing.

would you like another?

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.