Quote:
You can probably get your program to show the results after each change.

it already does.

it shows all changes to all possible elements that I can think of.

mass , velocity , force , acceleration , time , distance

it adds 80N each second to accelerate each mass to the total force that accelerates the pipe.

it subtracts 100kg from the total mass of the pipe each second because each launched mass is 100kg.

it has separate calculations for every second.
it has a separate calculation for the turn.
(it just got faster because the 1 second turn wont require 1 full second)but I havent included that yet.

it replaces the initial velocities of the pipe and the 100kg mass with the resultant velocities of the pipe and 100kg mass from the turn calculation.

it adds the force required to decelerate the 100kg mass to the total force applied to the pipe each second.

so that when an element changes such as velocity or mass
the program determines the force required to apply to either accelerate or decelerate the pipe and the 100kg mass.

its pretty accurate other than the 1 second turn time that is pre-programmed into it.
and that turn time will be lower every time a mass passes through it.

but that will change too.

I think that if I use the initial velocity of the mass and the final velocity of the mass as it passes through the turn
I can get the time required for the mass to pass using
the following formulas

va = .5(vi+vf)
where
vi = initial velocity
vf = final velocity
va = average velocity
( = bracket
) = bracket
. = .
= = equal to
+ = plus

this is the average velocity of the mass through the turn
meaning that the result from the above formula would be the average velocity of the mass passing through the turn.

where average means average.

then
t = vi / vf
where
t = time
vi = initial velocity
vf = final velocity
/ = divided by
= = equal to

so the only way to keep track of the actual time would be to keep a separate time value.

the program will track only the programming time.
meaning that the program follows a set interval when dealing with time , that is the program will execute code at a given time that represent actual time.

so every time a mass passes through the turn the program will
add a partial time to the time value vs adding a full second to the time value

but the program itself will only use full seconds to execute the code.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.