Quote:
People use ft^2 all the time.

no they dont , they use a (number) then they put (ft) in as the units that communicates what the number represents then if they want to communicate that the number is to be multiplied by itself they put (^2) following the units.

Quote:
Every other person thinks 12ft^2 means something different to what you think it means.

and they are probably republicans judging from the IQ in the republican states , I have considered you to be a republican
because of your crooked ways of convincing people that your side of the discussion is correct , much like the way the tobacco industry convinced people that tobacco products were safe and the way that DDT was said to be harmless in the past.

I picture people like yourself and TFF as the men spraying DDT on children in a swimming pool saying its good for you breath it in , its harmless.

and there are also alot of people who vote republican , therefore just because a large number of people have flawed logic doesnt mean that their logic is logical.

Quote:
12ft^2 = 144ft [says Paul]

yes , it is.
just like
5^2 = 25 below , notice the image is using squares
there are 25 squares in the image.
each of the 25 squares could be any unit of measurement
such as feet or meters.

see the 5^2 = 25 above?
in your mind 5ft^2 is only 5 * ft^2
you dont multiply the 5 only the ft , and the feet have no value.

which is pretty stupid !!!

http://whamit.dlp.mit.edu/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/467px-Five_Squared.png

the above image is from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology.

I choose to believe people who tell the truth about math.

and beside any grade school student , that hasnt been poisoned by flawed logic coming from people such as TFF or yourself would easily be able to understand that.

http://web.mit.edu/

but that is the entire problem with you and TFF , you have poisoned logic caused by attending schools that teach poisoned logic.

your flawed logic is like a virus that spreads to others infecting them with your flawed logic.

and that is how you and TFF became infected , so it just spreads and spreads until someone finds the cure.

and the cure is logic.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.