I did find something called a "direct Force" and its definition is below.

http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/phy99/phy99x79.htm

Quote:
A direct force is a force between things that are touching. If you take a balloon and bop somebody on the head with it, the force between the balloon and the head is direct.

I found a few more to work with
http://www.newton.dep.anl.gov/askasci/phy00/phy00148.htm
Quote:
What is an easy way for second graders to understand the conceptual difference between momentum and force.

Replies:
Force makes momentum change. Mathematically, the force on an object is equal to the rate at which the object's momentum changes.

Tim Mooney

Not an easy concept to convey to students especially at young age. You might try the following analogy: Acceleration is the rate of change (time) of velocity. This is simple to explain using the concept of acceleration in an automobile. Analogously, force is the rate of change of momentum.

Harold Myron

Force is how hard you push or pull on an object. Momentum relates more to how hard it is to stop an object from moving. A 10mph bowling ball is much more difficult to stop than a 10mph ping-pong ball. The bowling ball has more momentum.

Momentum is within an object, carried with the object. Force is between objects. Momentum is like what the object has in its bank account. Force is like giving some of this momentum to another object every second they are in contact. I use "bank account" rather than "wallet" because a bank account balance can be negative. It allows momentum to have direction.

Kenneth Mellendorf

there is something to this , even in the replies above.

Force makes momentum change
Acceleration is the rate of change (time) of velocity
force is the rate of change of momentum
Force is how hard you push or pull on an object
Momentum relates more to how hard it is to stop an object from moving
--------------------------------------
Momentum relates more to how hard it is to stop an object from moving

what he has said is that momentum is the amount of force
that you need to stop an object.

-------------------
A 10mph bowling ball is much more difficult to stop than a 10mph ping-pong ball. The bowling ball has more momentum.

why didnt he use the word FORCE?
why did he use the word momentum?

could it be that the bowling balls momentum is a force that is the product of the bowling balls mass x its velocity?

notice below where the sentence says 10 mph
it doesnt say 10 mph/h
so he is obviously referring to the product of the
bowling balls mass x its velocity.

A 10mph bowling ball is much more difficult to stop
you would use a force to stop the bowling ball wouldnt you?

and the force he is describing using would be the 10 mph ping pong ball.

notice again the sentence below says 10 mph referring to the ping pong ball.

and he is using the 10 mph ping pong ball as a force obviously!!!

A 10mph bowling ball is much more difficult to stop than a 10mph ping-pong ball.

Force is how hard you push or pull on an object. Momentum relates more to how hard it is to stop an object from moving. A 10mph bowling ball is much more difficult to stop than a 10mph ping-pong ball. The bowling ball has more momentum.

Force is how hard you push or pull on an object

notice above that he says force is how hard you push or pull on an object.

it does not mention distance , speed , acceleration , time , direction , etc ...etc ...etc ...etc ...etc ...etc ...

Momentum is within an object, carried with the object. Force is between objects. Momentum is like what the object has in its bank account. Force is like giving some of this momentum to another object every second they are in contact. I use "bank account" rather than "wallet" because a bank account balance can be negative. It allows momentum to have direction.

Momentum is within an object
carried with the object
Momentum is like what the object has in its bank account
I use "bank account" rather than "wallet" because a bank account balance can be negative. It allows momentum to have direction.

Force is between objects
Force is like giving some of this momentum to another object every second they are in contact.

Momentum is within an object
carried with the object
Momentum is like what the object has in its bank account

I would have to say that what is has in its bank account is force.

after reflection on this matter I believe we dont need to use a different word , we only need to redefine the meanings of the words we already use.

and I would have to say that
p=mv
means
the force of momentum = mv

and I can say things like

the momentum force of the 100 kg mass that enters the turn
at a velocity of 40 m/s = 4000 kg m/s

it only makes sence because that is the amount of force that the turn would feel if the 100 kg mass were to collide with the turn at a velocity of 40 m/s during a time of 1 second.

100 kg x 40 m/s( applied in one second ) = 4000 kg m/s/s = 40N force

Quote:
then tell me what is a unit of momentum.
unit kg·m/s, or, equivalently, N·s

the turn does not know the rate of acceleration that the 100 kg mass was being accelerated at.

and the mass is no longer being accelerated as it enters the turn.

as a mass gains velocity its momentum increases so it can build up a great amount of momentum , and by doing so a great amount of momentum force is also built up.

so the mass hits the turn with all the force it has in its momentum account.

f=ma

what does the above really mean?
break it down

f = force
m = mass
a = acceleration

the 100 kg mass has an acceleration of 0.8 m/s/s

if we only use the mass x the rate of acceleration of the mass to calculate the impact force of the collision we get

f=ma
force N = 100 kg x 0.8 m/s/s
80N

but if we only use the mass x the velocity of the mass to calculate the impact force of the collision we get

f=mv
force N = 100 kg x 40 m/s (applied for 1 second)
4000N

we may need to re-invent a physics math that makes sence.

f=mvt

force = mass x velocity x time

like the pipe

applying a 4000N force for 50 seconds

f=mvt=200000N
and applying that force in the positive direction
f=m(+v)t=+200000N
or
f=m(-v)t=-200000N

so much simpler.

and gives the same result.

then we could do a one liner such as

f=(m1(v1)t1)+(m2(v2)t2)

where

m1 = 200kg
v1 = 40 m/s
t1 = 50 seconds
m2 = 1000 kg
v2 = 4 m/s
t2 = 50 seconds

f=(+400000N ) + (-200000N)
f=+200000N

or we could just use one of your springs to travel to other galaxies with.

3/4 inch of dust build up on the moon in 4.527 billion years,LOL and QM is fantasy science.