Again the problem is to remain so tidally locked the two masses would have to be identical and I do mean identical.

When you tell me this

Heaven mass = 2.48456 x 10^24 kg.
PreEarth mass = 3.48280 x 10^24 kg.

I have a huge problem with orbital mechanics.

Here is the exact analogy for you:

I have two identical magnets hanging on strings which rotate around and I can pull up through a very small ring. the small ring is the centre point where if the strings are pulled fully the two magents touch. You can mathematically show there is a speed you can rotate the magnets and a speed you can pull the magnets together so that the two magnets just touch or kiss because the centrugal force out is countered by the attractive force of the magnets. The magnetic attractive force is our replica of gravity and it obeys the square law the same as gravity. For a given force of gravity, mass of magnets there will be one root of those equation solves.

Now try it with one magnet slightly more powerful. What you will find is there are no roots of the equations. The reason is simple the centrifugal force versus the attractive force never balance to the central collission point. The stronger magnet will always grab the other magnet as they close in because there is no solution to balance the forces.

The orbital solutions will throw up the same problem.

So unless you have changed you mind on the masses of heaven and preearth are exactly (and I do mean exactly) the same weight I can't see how you get around this problem.

And we come back to the point we did agree on that earth must spin faster ... do you have any evidence?

I am not sure why you worry about someone stealing the idea this is just a different version of big impact theory, remember Einstein stole Poincare idea didn't he ..... Just stirring because I can't reconcile your views on these two :-)

Last edited by Orac; 09/02/11 08:58 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.