I should setup a palm-reading shop - I'm clearly clairvoyant. Pre wrote exactly what I predicted he would.

Originally Posted By: preearth
LIE 1)The impact energy is stated to be 10^24 joules.

When it is pointed out that in the past he had claimed the impact energy was 10^27 joules, behold a new lie,...

LIE 2) The impact energy is stated to be 10^27 joules.

And here we see pre lying to cover the fact that he cannot address the meat of my post.

He is 100% correct that I mistakenly stated 10^24J; when in fact I mean 10^24kJ. When he pointed that out I owned upto it.

For the unit-challanged a kJ is equal to 103 J, so 1024kJ is the exact same as 1027J.

And here we have pre's next red herring:

Which part of Paul's observations concerning you didn't you understand, Bryan?

[b]1) your inability to understand the least of his concepts,... or,...

Yep, pre is basing his arguments against me on the statements of a man who doesn't understand the simple difference between an open and closed system, or newtons 3 laws.

But lets not loose track of the main points:

1) Pre quoted the first big number in the citation I provided as evidence I was wrong - despite the fact that the entirety of the paper was based around disproving that impact energy.

2) Despite providing step-by-step instructions on how to extract the impact energies in the paper I provided, pre has so far failed to do so. Instead he brings up red herring after red herring as proof I "lie".

3) As of the lines below, this is now the 8th time I've challenged pre to deal with 2 scientific publications that directly refute his hypothesis. He has consistently failed to do so:

McElhinney, M. W., Taylor, S. R., and Stevenson, D. J. (1978), "Limits to the expansion of Earth, Moon, Mars, and Mercury and to changes in the gravitational constant", Nature 271: 316–321,

http://www.eos.ubc.ca/~mjelline/453website/eosc453/E_prints/1999RG900016.p

By the way, what happened to Paul?

I think he got tired of us laughing at him and his scientific illiteracy. Maybe oneday you'll do the same...

...oh wait, you did. Then you broke your promise and came back frown

Bryan

UAA...CAUGCUAUGAUGGAACGAACAAUUAUGGAA