Originally Posted By: ImagingGeek
Why so I did. And in this case I have made a mistake - 10^24kJ is the impact energy.

ImagingGeek, why don't you just admit that your number of 10^27 joules is totally wrong.

Why don't you just admit it like a man and get on with life.

SECOND COMMENT:

Your reference, the paper "Simulations of a late lunar-forming impact," does provide a number for the energy and it is many orders of magnitude greater than 10^24 kJ.

Guess what it is?

So how come you couldn't find it? You didn't even try? Forget where it was?

No,... you just never knew where it was.

Now you know it is there, why don't you find it and report back.

Keep in mind you are claiming I've falsely presented the data in my citations. Therefore the burden of proof is on you to show it is the case.

Yes, I claim that you have falsely presented the data in your citations.

You continually LIE to me and everyone. I don't appreciate it.

Usually your LIES are of the sort where you deliberately answer the wrong question and claim to have answered the question posited,... usually they are not as blatant as this LIE.

Keep in mind you are claiming I've falsely presented the data in my citations. Therefore the burden of proof is on you to show it is the case.

Actually, the burden of proof is on you.

It is you who claimed the paper "Simulations of a late lunar-forming impact," STATED that the proto-Earth-Theia collision generated,...

1) 10^24 joules of energy. You later changed this number to
2) 10^27 joules.

The paper does not state either of these numbers.

All you have to do to prove you are not guilty of falsely presented data, is to provide the section of the paper where it supports your claim, but you have not, and apparently cannot, do this.

You can't show the paper supports either of these numbers because you LIED about the paper stating such a number, in the first place.

The fact you are unable to point this out yourself pretty much shows us you are not able to find this information yourself. Keep in mind you are claiming I've falsely presented the data in my citations. Therefore the burden of proof is on you to show it is the case....

As I stated earlier, the 10^24kj value is used extensively in the impact models.

Who said I was unable to find this information myself (apart from you)? I was waiting for you to point it out so that it won't be so embarrassing for you. But since you LIE as readily as you tell the truth,... you have chosen to try and LIE your way out of it.

In fact, I can give the number that you cannot give. It is 2.95 x 10^31 joules.

Robin Canup states that for an impactor 0.13 the size of Earth, the (specific) impact energy per unit projectile mass is 3.8 x 10^11 ergs/g = 3.8 x 10^4 joules/g = 3.8 x 10^7 joules/kg.

Hence the total impact energy = (mass of the impactor) x 3.8 x 10^7

= 0.13 x (mass of the Earth) x 3.8 x 10^7

= 0.13 x 5.97369 x 10^24 x 3.8 x 10^7 = 2.95 x 10^31 joules.

Remember, Roberto Bugiolacchi stated that the proto-Earth-Theia collision released 3 x 10^31 J.

So, ImagingGeek has been shown to have falsely presented data from the source he quoted.