Well, I have kind of been avoiding this topic, since I don't really think it is anything other than another crackpot idea. But I thought I would go ahead and take a quick look at the original post. And right off I was struck by something that just looks odd. According to the idea there were 2 planets of approximately the same size which were orbiting each other. Well of course they were actually orbiting around the center of mass of the 2 bodies, that that is kind of a side thing. But when I look at the post it appears that the 2 bodies apparently struck head on. At least that is the only way I can see it. So what perturbed the 2 bodies so that they quit orbiting and plunged straight together? I could maybe see them perturbed so that their orbits reached an intersection point, but that would produce a grazing collision, not a head on collision.

I suppose that Jupiter could have spit out a different Venus sized body* to cause the weird dynamics, but having it happen twice would be an awfully long shot. Any way I think that having the orbits perturbed that way doesn't have much more chance than Velikovsky's idea.

* "Worlds in Collision" - Velikovsky

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.