ImagingGeek,

I did write “Your inner/outer core calculations are superfluous and incorrect.” Your calcs in the last posting are also incorrect and based on erroneous assumptions.

You stated that “You’re treating the core as though it were the entire mass of the earth....”
Not so, I have used a lot of care in all of my prior posts to describe relevant distances as, for example, “the distance from the CENTER OF MASS of Pangea to the new CENTER OF MASS of the Earth” after the core(s) shift, I have not stated “to the shifted cores” when calculating gravitational changes.

You have, in your latest calculation, switched those two terms:

“Shifted, the CORE is c units from the earths surface (8 in your example from pangea, 4 from the anitpode.” If you reread my statement which you have inserted near the top of your post you will see this.
Therefore, you cannot compare the results you get with those of mine.

My calc, using r^2/d^2 as the ratio of lowered G to current G, in which I repeatedly defined ‘d’ as the distance from the CENTER OF MASS of Pangea to the new CENTER OF MASS of the Earth is based on Newton’s Gravity Law.
You wrote: “If you think Newton was wrong, say it.” Definitely not, this whole theory is based on Newton’s laws.

You wrote:
“Your math is fundamentally flawed. Gravity is dependent on radius, not on diameter. Ergo, you cannot used diameter as the ‘measuring stick’ by which you position objects.”

I’m not sure if you are confusing my use of the letter ‘d’ for distance with diameter because nowhere in my posting do I use diameter as a variable to describe changes in gravitation. BTW, your statement is incorrect.......gravity depends on the inverse square of distance, not on radius.

Since you replaced CENTER OF MASS with CORE in your calcs, they must be discarded for comparison to my calcs, which are not “....completely and utterly wrong.” They conform 100% with Newton’s laws.

Even though your calcs must be discarded, I will point out another error:
You wrote:
“Delta (Fg)=Fg(end) - Fg(start) +Fg(filler)”
This is incorrect because you have ignored the effect of the filler before the shift. The equation should be:
Delta (Fg)=Fg(end) - Fg(start) +Fg(filler-end) - Fg(filler-start)

The most important erroneous assumption that you have made is one that I also made at one time:
You, and at one time I, assumed that when the outer core shifts off center, it maintains its spherical shape. This would not be the case, centripetal forces would distort its shape; the greater the core shift the greater the flattening distortion. It would be comparable to putting a blown-up balloon into a somewhat larger rigid spherical container and then pushing the balloon against the side of the chamber. In the case of the outer core, this would shift the CENTER OF MASS further from the Earth’s center, i.e., further away from Pangea, than if the outer core retained its spherical shape.

Laze