Originally Posted By: Ellis
That is thoroughly disconcerting stuff rede!

Is it, as it seems to me, important that the 'code' is self-correcting? Would not this mean that the 'code' could therefore be everlasting? Would the correcting process change it's destination, or result? (Plus lots of other questions that I would love to ask if I knew how to frame them! I have virtually no mathematical language being very challenged in that area!)

I probably have therefore got the wrong end of the stick here, but the concept is intriguing, and Dr Gates is a very interesting speaker. I shall have to learn more about this challenging idea.

Such a discovery does open the door to all kinds of speculation. My own first thought was that it might explain why the physical constants are constant. As it happens, it's even more esoteric than M-Theory, and the findings could probably be confirmed by no more than a handful of people in the world.

Originally Posted By: Ellis
P S I really didn't like 'The Matrix' - though I liked the bits of Sydney that were in it! I was astonished to find that some people regard it as a documentary. Should I apologise to them!

I'm with you on that score, Ellis. The Matrix was not my cup of tea, to put it mildly. Cyberpunk is obviously over my head.

"Time is what prevents everything from happening at once" - John Wheeler