Originally Posted By: redewenur
... The odd thing about it all is, I myself am not entirely opposed to the concept that we live in an intelligently designed universe. Maybe it is a Matrix smile
Matrix. Rede? You mean womb-like? This is what I have in mind when, in my signature, I use the acronym GÕD~.

As I understand it, and I make no claim to having expert knowledge, Rede, it was at the moment of conception in my mother's womb, that a seed and an egg came together.

Then the pattern, or design, of the one I became as a modern child was set.

The same was true for my mother, and her mother, and so on ... back to the beginning of time. Let us imagine that, since the beginning of time, all umbilical chords have been 1 metre long.
===================

It boggles the mind to think of how many metres long an unbroken chord, back to our first mother, would be.
===============
Questions I ask myself in 2013--my 83rd year, as of Jan.14: What role did physical, mental and spiritual factors--soma, psyche and pneuma factors--play in designing the persons we became? And will become in the future? Or are we but creatures of accident?

HAPPY MIND-STRETCHING YEAR 2013

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org