Well, gentle Readers here I go away for a few days and when I come back I find that Paul is still making ridiculous arguments. Over and over we show him examples of simple observations that can best be explained by the Theory of Evolution, and he keeps claiming that evolution has been disproven. I trust you are keeping tabs on all of the reasons that he gives that evolution has been disproved. So far I am having a problem with my list, since I haven't seen an disproofs. What i have seen over and over in my life has been example after example that, as I said above, can be best explained by the Theory of Evolution.

Some quick examples:

The Linnaean classification system that classifies all life forms into a ranked series of classifications starting with species and proceeding through the following system borrowed from Yahoo Answers.

Originally Posted By: Yahoo Answers
The Linnaean taxonomy hierarchy from top to bottom:
1. domain
2. kingdom
3. phylum
4. class
5. order
6. family
7. genus
8. species
9. subspecies (occasionally used)

All life forms fit into this classification scheme. The simplest explanation for this is that they are ultimately descended from one life form and gained their current diversity through evolution.

Another observation.

When you examine several geological strata you find that there are many fossils in one strata that are not included in other strata. The fossils in older strata, as dated relationally by which strata are buried more deeply or exactly by radiometric methods, tend to be more simple in structure. Of course many of the older fossils show resemblances to the newer ones, as if the newer ones were evolved descendents of the older ones.

An example of not having older and newer fossils intermixed is that there are no fossils of human beings mixed with the fossils of dinosaurs.

And then there is the fact that the older strata have been radiometrically dated to extreme ages, inconsistent with the young earth creation of the book of Genesis. I have a lot of faith in radiometric dating, since the theory that is used to determine the age is the same theory that is used to make hydrogen bombs. It works quite well there, so I don't see how it could be just horribly wrong in determining the age of fossils and the Earth.

There are of course a great many other examples of things that can be most easily explained by the Theory of Evolution. This is very small sample of those observations. So don't be mislead by Paul's refusal to accept any of them and his claims that evolution has been disproven.

Bill Gill

C is not the speed of light in a vacuum.
C is the universal speed limit.