Originally Posted By: Orac

The reason Intelligent Design can not be taught as science is because it does not allow us to put the central principle under test ... that there is no god. As such the outcome is hence preordained and thus not science.

Whether there is or isn't is subject to direct experience. Religion goes on faith. And Religion has their own tests to validate their faith as does science have tests to validate their theory.
Nobel Prize-winning physicist Wolfgang Pauli described that from within one’s inner center our psyche seems to move outward, experiencing, influencing, and even creating the physical world through the act of participation. Taking into account the Heisenberg Uncertainty Principle: one cannot observe a phenomenon without changing or affecting it.
Ergo you draw to you those experiences you desire to create to self validate the personal reality.
This is the essence of God/Consciousness as the central principal. Belief colors it, ego defines it, yet IT is what it is, inclusive of what it becomes thru the determination of personal idealism.
Originally Posted By: Orac

Out of curiousity I just looked up Rev K's religion to see what it says. It appears to have a synod which makes the decisions but it appears they are not binding on individual ministries saying

Quote:

While General Synod provides the most visible voice of the "stance of the denomination" on any particular issue, the covenantal polity of the denomination means that General Synod speaks to local churches, associations, and conferences, but not for them

Rev K's churches synod view on evolution appears to be

Quote:

We find that science’s descriptions of cosmological, geological, and biological evolution are not in conflict with theology."

Although if I read all that correct Rev K would have some latitude to decide for himself.

Correct. And that determination is constantly changing thru his need to find a universal and acceptable definition to please all, so as to draw absolute resolve to his self validated reputation and the need for attention.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!