You are not alone Rev K I am completely confused.

Paul can you try following one or two ideas logically and simply or start seperate threads for different things you wish to discuss.

Makes what you are arguing alot easier to follow at the moment it's like one big jumble of different ideas.

I would also like to ask a simple question how do you view Drosophila synthetica (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drosophila_synthetica)

Using science genetic knowledge in June 2012 we created that species from the wild population of fruit fly Drosophila melanogaster. It can not breed with Drosophila melanogaster anymore but can breed with its own populations.

Forget the arguments about how it was done for now how is it viewed by your religion, this interests me.

Rev K perhaps you would also like to comment?

If you want some background
http://www.examiner.com/article/first-man-made-species-revealed

Perhaps I will extract one comment I want you to think about

Quote:

The intent of the research was not to develop a synthetic (man made) species but to develop a safety mechanism to avoid the hybridization of genetically modified animals and plants with wild type populations and thereby preserving biodiversity.

The aim was to prevent provide proof of concept that new species can be created that prevent genetically engineered species from reproducing with and potentially overcoming naturally occurring species.

In some ways it's quite funny watching beliefs such as Pauls still arguing issues when science has bolted and out the door. My concern is as scientists our morality is not based on altruistic beliefs and this area needs religion talking to science, but religion is still in denial of the very processes. This makes the area even more dangerous than it would be even with good governance.

Lets take the process to a radical place, take a human add in lots of beefy muscles and genetically engineer a brain that likes to follow orders and of coarse they can't breed with proper humans. There you go one made to order slave for a brand new world and they aren't human ... or are they?

Last edited by Orac; 12/31/12 06:15 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.