IF we use the reverends example of willpower, where everyone let democracy rule God, with all of the diverse belief systems and beliefs in God, which will would prevail?

Will does not in and of itself discern between good and evil but rather follows the beliefs of those who feel righteous with their idea of God.

So in the spirit of Jihad, having the will to strap a bomb on ones back and walking into a crowded mall manifests itself as easily as someone who believes God is giving where a little old lady bakes a cake and gives it to her neighbor.

Where democracy prevails in the beliefs of God there are groups within groups within groups who all get together and democratically determine which God is righteous. Which is why there are so many different churches/diocese within a religion of name.

Put two differing opinions of will into play and everyone believes their God is more powerful and will gain the upper hand.
Where God's name has been used along with righteousness we have as an example, the crusades, the Spanish inquisition, witch hunts, Jihads and every other war remembered and not remembered.

God then becomes a struggle of wills to gain the upper hand, and while the will of human belief perpetuates itself in belief and delusion the universe continues regardless.

Obviously the will of a greater intelligence is working where some get what they want sometimes, and others find their idea of God subject to change in accord with the unfolding chaos which is outside of ones ideal.

I guess God can please all of the people some of the time and live in accord with their randomly successful wills.. Some of the people all of the time, where ones will seems to be in accord with the unfolding universe.. and pleasing all of the people all of the time would be the failing of God due to the divergent wills that follow beliefs outside of God's will, which would be other than democratic process of human beliefs in God.

If we look at the psychologically divergent programs that are fed to us thru public school systems, changing democratic political views of states and nations, religion, family policy and even medical beliefs scientific and holistic the mind has to discern which idea to will into superiority.

If one is lucky to find a box to organize ones self into without some kind of change to affect the box, then ones will will follow the appearance of order. But as long as one is at odds with a universe of change, where one tries to hold onto a particular thought or belief then will will follow change, not only on the surface of the mind but at unconscious levels of belief and acceptance.

We have a cold and flu season for humans. Animals I think are a bit more innocent and have not impose such a will upon themselves.

Will then applied to God I think is superstition.

Will, applied to healing ones self, is subject to the programs which willed the dis-ease of the body into being in the first place. Generally the thoughts are toward healing the symptoms but as in the medical professions the cause often escapes the mind.

I was addicted to the Hokey Pokey, but then I turned myself around!!