Me? I agree, Bill S--TFF I think BS wants to include both: I am rooting for all scientists who are working on giving us Goodness optimized and delightful--G.O.D. for short. As Keats said, such can be "a thing of beauty and a joy forever."--an infinite and eternal process loved for its own sake as well as for the concrete beauty produced.
Quote:
In philosophy, the study of knowledge is called epistemology (from the Greek episteme), and the philosopher Plato famously defined knowledge as "justified true belief." There is, however, no single agreed upon definition of knowledge, and there are numerous theories to explain it. As a pneumatologist, I feel that we ought not neglect intuition as a means of getting knowledge.
It is from the Latin word for knowledge, scientia, that we get our word, science.
Quote:
Knowledge acquisition involves complex cognitive processes: perception, learning, communication, association and reasoning; while knowledge is also said to be related to the capacity of acknowledgment in human beings.

Last edited by Revlgking; 10/19/11 03:24 AM. Reason: Always a good idea!

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org