Originally Posted By: Bill S.
... As one of eclectic inclinations I am reluctant to throw anything away. However, calculus in so far as it treats infinity, deals with mathematical infinities, which are undoubtedly firmly at home in the realms of science.
In the: "Philosophy or Religion, all Religions ..." thread in the NQSscience section, I was just asked WHAT IS IMPORTANT TO ME?
I wrote, here it is: PNEUMATOLOGY--the mother of psychology! And it prompts me to ask: Does it now have the same status as a natural science? If so, a meta-prayer I have been making since 1964 has been recently answered, YES!

The answer is in the form of a great book: WILLPOWER--Rediscovering the Greatest Human Strength. My family gave it to me for Christmas.

If what is claimed here is true: We now have scientific evidence, brought to the light of day by a long period of thorough research, that "willpower"--is like a physical muscle.

This means that it can be measured and put to work like any muscle. Its work is not unlike the goal of all the great world religions: saving civilizations from the curse of self-destruction.

The thought came to me that this belongs in the GENERAL SCIENCE SECTION. With this in mind, I made an act of will. Then, lo and behold, I remembered ORAC's thread. And here we are. Am I in the right place? Or is willpower too iffy to be considered as being part hard science?

THE NEW YORK TIME REVIEW OF THE BOOK

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/04/books/...?pagewanted=all

Last edited by Revlgking; 01/03/12 06:07 AM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org