You should know the answer to that question with all your discussion we had above it's not hard.

The problem for a photon and time in classic physics is the E & B (electric and magnetic) fields can't be described in a reference frame of the photon at least not in a manner that makes any sense in our reference frame. So a photon can't be used as a reference frame for itself much less anything else in classic physics including GR.

You can resolve the paradox in Quantum Field Theory (QFT) because the photon is nothing but a manifestation of the fields. Time for the fields remains real and it can be used for a reference frame ... try it ... you should get an answer close to one you were given with hand waving using classic physics smile

Sometimes QM/QFT gives obvious answers that make more sense than classic physics.

You disappointed me with not rethinking that problem.

Trying to describe the world from a rainbow is always problematic laugh

You like the matrix, the photon never experiences anything because it isn't real ... it is the spoon !!!!!!

Last edited by Orac; 08/05/15 04:28 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.