You posted this

Originally Posted By: Bill.S

1. Gravity has energy.
2. Gravity distorts spacetime.
3. Gravity creates more gravity.

In achieving 2 & 3, is the energy of gravity diminished, dissipated or exchanged in any way?

THE ANSWER IS YES ENERGY IS EXCHANGE IT HAS TO BE!!!!!!

Why ... well it's dam obvious ... Energy is what connects the curvature to the normal everyday physics as we know it, after all the curvature is supposed to be what produces the effect we measure isn't it or vice versa for that matter.

The only thing you can measure is energy, name something you measure that has no energy. That is the funny part of time if you have no energy you can't measure and time is meaningless and where you have gone. I think that area has a name usually covered by religion/philosophy as I can't test anything and I have to believe whatever you say.

If the energy isn't connected, you have Bill Curvature which is random but involves time and Energy which involves time but it isn't connected to the curvature ... say what. One may ask is Bill curvature of spacetime and normal physics time even the same thing if they aren't connected.

So at least in physics if you have time you have energy exchange. If we can measure something different then you have a difference in energy. So gravity produces an effect we can measure so it is exchanging energy. So if Bill curvature is caused by physics or is creating physics it can only do so by exchanging energy.

Now this has got totally stupid and gone Marosz can we get back to reality, we need energy exchange to define time at least in physics. I really didn't think I would have to explain that to you.

Now if you really really want to push the envelope and not have energy I at least need some observable I can test so this isn't a religion/philosophy thing.

Assuming you don't want to push the envelope Bill curvature is either caused by something in physics or something in physics causes Bill curvature it matters not which way. I supposedly can measure a cause and effect so therefore energy is being exchanged.

If you can't do either of above we are back to a Bill's law and I don't really care about Bill Curvature it rates about the same as invisible martians push things down as an explaination of gravity ..... AKA Newton gravity ... AKA you aren't offering any solution so why discuss it as there are plenty of religion/philosophy forums.

Lets see if I want to continue this .. here goes

So am I going to be able to measure something or some effect from Bill Curvature AKA are we exchanging energy?

Last edited by Orac; 07/28/15 07:22 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.