Originally Posted By: Orac
As I said I would first like you to look at is very very large gravity sources (bordering on infinite) and what it actually means and will it kill you as it might shed light on what infinite gravity actually means.

I know what you mean, so I’ll not argue with “bordering on infinite”.

you introduced rotating and non-rotating BHs as a second point, but it might be useful to include them under the first heading. It might be good to check first that my thoughts/understanding about these are bordering on correct.

Kerr BHs rotate; Schwarzschild BHs do not.
A Schwarzschild BH can have a “point” singularity at its centre.
A Kerr BH has a central ring, sometimes called a ring singularity.
A stellar BH must rotate, because the original star would have been rotating, and angular momentum is conserved.
Galaxies rotate, so it seems reasonable to assume that the BHs at their centres also rotate.
To date, there are no known examples of non-rotating BHs.

This links to the first point in that if there are Schwarzschild BHs, and if they have singularities at their centres, any close approach to the singularity would be fatal.

Quote:
….I would first like you to look at is very very large gravity sources (bordering on infinite) and what it actually means and will it kill you…

Get too close to a point singularity, where gravity goes to infinity, and it will turn you into spaghetti.

There never was nothing.