Hello Revlgking,

Yes, we are in a recession. It is terrible. It was reported last week that loan payments were at the highest recorded for non payment. No jobs, no money available. I am a small business owner and what I am telling you is not repeated gossip, I know first hand and have studied economics. My previous business partner has a Phd in economics. Like I said, the county I live in with 52000 people has a medicade budget of $6,000,000.00. For the past 3 years our property taxes have increase and this budget cycle in June they will go up again. NAFTA is the main culprit. A lot of people blame the price of fuel-it is just an aggrevation to the problem.
Higher taxes, no jobs, lack of economic developement because of poor leadership and crooked politicians. A reciept for disaster.

It doesen't do much good to make electronics and t-shirts in Mexico and China even if the price drops some if the people don't have the money to buy them. Then increasing property taxes are another deterrent for industry to locate. It is a little more complex that this however, I mentioned some of it in the previous post that you read.
Best Regards,
odin1

People will forgive you for anything -but being right !
odin1