Every trade you make you put a value on a resource or item, even if you are bartering tutoring for roof fixing, the value just isn't in an easy to understand amount.

These barter bux have no intrinsic value either, from what I understand they are a merely a couple of bites on a server somewhere.

Is the idea of this system to

a) remove credit from the world, e.g. no loans, no credit cards

b) create a system where there is unlimited amount of currency rather than the current finite amount that is currently in circulation.

c) a monetary system that is not run by a government

I will admit perhaps I am a little biased in this comparison, because in Australia our Economic setup is very good and proves that the Money system works, when connected to a good government and independent bodies.

The cause of large amount of debt of the population in western countries is because of a social source (the need to keep up with next door, we are a consumer world these days) and not economically related (other than the fact that credit is available to use)

I have no issue with bartering at all, and while I am sure the Tax department would like to know about it, there is no real way for them to trace it.

Revlgking, I would be interested to know what you opinion of communism is ??