Quote:
"But there is absolutely no democratic way you can take from the rich to help feed and clothe the poor, of the World..... I mean the whole World's poor."Kremer.

Mike, your interesting comment raises some very interesting questions:
1. Are you in inferring that it could be done, autocratically? smile

Hitler did it. I once read a historian who said that had Hitler died before 1939 he would have gone down as one of great leaders of Europe.

Until he foolishly got the Germans into a stupid war, look what he did for for the poor and the unemployed of Germany.
Here is an irony: Beginning in 1933 (I was 3), Germany's getting ready for war was, economically speaking, good for my community http://www.bellisland.net --Conception Bay--Just north of St. John's--Newfoundland.

The fully employed Germans, and their need for iron, kept the 2100 miners, on Bell Island, employed. When WW 2 finally came, it employed the whole of North America.

2. Would it be awfully punny of me to say that many people--especially those in war-related industries, including workers in the weapons industry, doctors, nurses, hospital workers...and let us not forget the chaplains and the undertaking industry--made a killing as a result of WW 2 ?
I read somewhere that the over-all cost, in lives, was well over 20,000,000 lives. But look at the prosperity and employment it created. What more can we ask from our economic experts!

BTW, at 12, I was literally a few hundred yards from exploding torpedoes which sank four iron ore carriers, near our island, and hit one of our loading piers. War is obviously a "creative" make-work program.

3: If we can employ everybody by making war, how come we find it difficult to do so by waging war on poverty?

4. If the whole world's poor, who are the economic schlemiels (bunglers) who are running things, anyway?

Any answers, anyone?

Last edited by Revlgking; 02/01/08 09:18 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org