THE FOLLOWING IS A REVISED VERSION OF THE ABOVE
===============================================
BTW, Wyld, It is not, "just another form of currency". Once barter currency becomes a widely accepted system--as it will if tradeBUX are accepted as payment for taxes--can you imagine the implication that this will have for the economy, especially the local one?

GLOBALIZATION--It is good for some; not so good for others
==========================================================
Globalization has been good for some businesses and for the people who work for them. For example, it is good for people with commodities--minerals, timber, and produce--to sell. China buys a lot of commodities from resource-rich Canada.

However, Globalization is not so good for the manufacturing sector. Look at the number of jobs that have been lost to the cheap labour markets, like China and Mexico.

WHAT TO DO:
===========
We need to understand that globalization did not begin in the 1980's. It began, for our European ancestors, the day after the first entrepreneur seafarers became convinced that the earth is a globe. The search for the north west passage was about globalization. Like it or not, world trade is a fact.

LET US ENJOY WORLD TRADING
==========================
In my opinion we can enjoy the good which globalization has to offer. However, if we are to do so, at the same time, we need to encourage the development of local barter systems, which have so much to offer to local trading communities.
==========================================

TradeBUX, as a system, is a way of putting skilled people to work for one another, and paying one another, in the local economy using what I call a complimentary and community-based currency (CCC).

Here is an example of how any CCC works. I own a car repair business. You come to my shop to get your car fixed. This involves you having to pay me for parts and labour.

I expect you to cover my costs, with federal dollars, for the parts for which I have pay my supplier federal dollars.

However, my profit and labour costs are another matter. Labour is a local product. If you and I are part of a CCC system using, and I want your business, I could agree to let you pay a goodly portion of your bill using a CCC such as tradeBUX. Of course, to simplify the transaction a plastic card could be used to keep track of things just like we do with debit cards.

Meanwhile, if tradeBUX can be used to pay part of the taxes involved, this makes tradeBUX acceptable to all involved.

By the way, where did you get the tradeBux to pay part of my bill?

TradeBUX come from two basic sources. First, you get them for depositing so many hours of your skill into the system. Second, if you qualify for welfare, you get them from the government store of tradeBUX which it collects in taxes.

This system will work for anyone who wants to save federal dollars to buy things which have to be imported.

But can you imagine what a boon it is for someone who, in terms of federal money, is living at or below the poverty line? It could make the difference between having a car, or not having one, to get him and his family to where they have to go.

TradeBUX are good for everyone involved in the CCC system, including the haves, the have-nots and our the three levels of government. For the very unhappy unemployed and the working poor they could make all the difference in the world.

Here is a challenge:
Imagine yourself as a trading member of the tradeBUX CCC system. Name the goods and services you have to offer to the system.

Now, name the goods and services you need, or want, from the system.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org