THE DIVISIVE GAME OF WINGISM
=============================
What possible benefit does society stand to gain from the divisive game of wingism--"My wing is better than your wing"? May I remind readers that the root meaning of the word 'devil' is that which divides us.

THE DANGER OF DIABOLIC DIVISIVENESS
===================================

The following is a revised version of fable I wrote about the need for all of us to be TAIL FEATHERS:

Quote:
PAY ATTENTION TO THE FEATHERS

There was once a beautiful eagle. It had two powerful wings. The wings were covered with strong feathers designed by nature to enable the eagle to fly. One of the wonders of nature is that the feathers on the wings of birds are designed to work in harmony with the rest of the bird's feathers, especially the humble tail feathers.

Keep in mind that no matter how strong the wings, without the use of the humble tail feathers, no bird is able to take off and maintain flight, essential to its total well-being. Tail feathers help the bird ascend, descend and change directions. Interestingly they are situated, humbly, right over the all-important anus. Everything birds consume, after it has been used to provide for their bodily needs, including energy, pass out the anus. What comes out is not just waste. It contains rich nutrients which it go back to the earth and water and become part of the food chain.

Usually, the wings of birds operate in harmony with all other bird parts.

But imagine what would happen if one day one of the wings--it matters not which one--became aware of itself and for some diabolic reason decided, egotistically, to do its own thing: "Now that I am aware and know that I know, I think that I will do what I want to do when I want to do it. I will spread myself out only when I feel like and rest when I feel like it. What need have I to balance myself with the actions of my other wing, as long as I give it the right to do its own thing, too."

Unfortunately, the wing made this divisive decision when the eagle was in full flight, high in the sky above the place where the eagles had their nest--the home to their very-hungry and new-born eaglets.

Immediately, without cooperative wings, the eagle was no longer able to fly, majestically. In the full view of its shocked partner, the eagle came crashing down to its death leaving the other without a mate, and with the lonely task of raising the eaglets as a single parent. Sad.

The moral is obvious: Without feathers, especially the tail feathers, which act as a guidance and a balancing mechanism, no bird can survive. A non-cooperative and a un-balanced approach to life leads to disaster.

This prompts me to ask:
WHERE ARE THE FEATHERS-LIKE ECONOMISTS?
=========================================

The moral is obvious: Without feathers, especially the tail feathers, which act as a guidance and a balancing mechanism, no bird can survive. A non-cooperative and a un-balanced approach to life leads to disaster.

This prompts me to ask:
=========================================
========================================
This calls for the development of a third way of doing economics--neither exclusively left-winged nor right-winged--one which takes into consideration the needs of the least, even the smallest feather, among us.

THE CALL FOR A TRULY DEMOCRATIC CAPITALISM
==========================================
It also provides a way and the means of challenging the least among us to become democratic capitalists and wealth producers.

Last edited by Revlgking; 04/22/08 05:49 PM.