Odin1:
I am sorry to read that in your area--what area is it?--you are in recession.

BTW, I have the strong feeling that the main cause of destructive booms and busts in any area is what I call

THE DIVISIVE GAME OF WINGISM
=============================
What possible benefit does society stand to gain from the divisive game of wingism--"My wing is better than your wing"? May I remind readers that the root meaning of the word 'devil' is that which divides us.

THE DANGER OF DIABOLIC DIVISIVENESS
===================================
To illustrate this, I offer the following fable:

PAY ATTENTION TO THE FEATHERS, ESPECIALLY THE TAIL FEATHERS
===========================================================
There was once a beautiful eagle. It had two powerful wings, which were covered with beautiful feathers. Ordinarily, the wings operated in cooperation with the rest of the feathers, especially the humble tail feathers.

Interestingly the tail feathers were situated, humbly, right over the very important anus--the bottom line of what we consume.

The wings, directed by the head (the source of knowledge and wisdom) agreed to serve all the needs of the whole bird, including the wings, every day.

However, one day one of the wings--it matters not which one--for some diabolic reason, decided, egotistically, to do its own thing: "I will spread myself out when I choose to do so" said the wing. "I will rest when I want to. What need have I to balance myself with the actions of my other wing, as long as I give it the right to do its own thing, too."

Unfortunately, the wing made this divisive decision when the eagle was in full flight, high in the sky above the place where the eagles had their nest--the home to their very-hungry and new-born eaglets.

Without cooperative wings the eagle was no longer able to fly, majestically. In the full view of the shocked partner, the eagle came crashing down to its death leaving the other without a mate, and with the lonely task of raising the eaglets as a single parent. Sad.

The moral is obvious: Without feathers, especially the tail feathers, the ones humbly situated right over the anus, which act as a guidance and a balancing mechanism, no bird can survive.

[Does anyone know if male eagles, left without a partner, will
actually raise eaglets on their own? If he abandons his offspring, the tragedy is made even worse.]

WHERE ARE THE FEATHERS-LIKE ECONOMISTS?
========================================
This calls for the development of a third way of doing economics--neither exclusively left-winged nor right-winged--one which takes into consideration the needs of the least, even the smallest feather, among us.

THE CALL FOR A TRULY DEMOCRATIC CAPITALISM
==========================================
It also provides a way and the means of challenging the least among us to become democratic capitalists and wealth producers.

COMPLEMENTARY AND COMMUNITY CURRENCY (CCC)
====================================
How? By learning about and how to use what I call complementary community currencies (CCC). The following will tell you what a CCC is and how it works.

[ Check out http://www.torontodollar.com
Also look at the work of
Professor Bernard Lietaer, MIT graduate and a world expert on the
history, the nature and the function of money.
http://www.transaction.net ]

Last edited by Revlgking; 04/21/08 09:09 PM.

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org