Re my pevious post. Of course you are right.
"They wanted a new way to collect taxes, not abolish them."

Seems you have had a very interesting life, as have all of us who were born in the 1930's. Due to the stupendous world changes we have witnessed after WWII.
Reading thru your "Money-too much or too little" posts here I realise that you have an intimate knowledge of the worlds monetary system.
You wrote earlier "Who among us, rich or poor, does not want (that is, demand) more money?
When was the last time you threw away your cash because you did not believe (have faith) it would buy you something?"

True, I remember the time when few people owned a Bank account, often keeping their money 'under the bed' Either did'nt have any faith in Banks, or had no other option.
You forgot to mention that money buys you less and less as time passes. While the Banks charge you interest for looking after your hard earned money.

When I was working in Canada, I was amazed to find that you could hand your salary check to the cashier in Kresges, or other large supermarket, and they would pay you the full cash amount. To my mind that was trust with a capital T.

In the main, I fully agree with you. World finances do need restructuring, We could do with a common taxation systems if possible. I dont think it could ever be achieved since goverments always ensure that there is a small difference in the value of a neigboring countrys currency relative to its own allowing the Banks to rake off a profit.

Even here in Europe where 27 countries all use the Euro, (except Denmark ,Sweden ,Switzerland, the Vatican, and ourselves plus a couple of others), in all about 330 million people....the system still does not work. Since there is a very big difference in the prices of goods, services, even medical bills from country to country.

I used to believe that an individual should receive a decent living payment, for work done.
Except that idea is a no-no, these days. With so many people having been replaced by automation.
The taxes a large company pays is nowhere near what it should be were people brought into the manufacturing equation. As in the old days of 40 years ago.
Its my considered opinion that no Companies pay what they should do in taxes. They just move abroad to avoid taxes, or send their profits to overseas head offices.
No wonder goverments have to impose 'hidden' taxes upon their public just to keep their country afloat. Keep the poor off the streets, the breadline and to keep on paying the mothers with six kids, but no visible husband, their weekly goverment allowance.
Europe has no borders and hardly any Customs, (you are still required to carry your Passport, though nobody looks at it) so theoreticaly you can work and live anywhere.
Even that that dos'nt work either, since people in the poorer paid countrys, gravitate to the richer countrys for work.
Everyones first choice is to come and live and work England , The £ has always been worth more than the Euro. second choice is Germany or thirdly,any country west of their own.
West is richer, East is poorer, although Russia fast becoming the new rich capitalists oligarchy, from selling Oil and Gas to Europe, is the fly in the ointment.

Prices go up, but never go down, everyone keeps their financial eye upon everyone else. The slightest movement in the markets or interest rates, the banks then step in buying or selling to force a correction..
The truth is, the rich manufacturing countries hold all the aces, and always will.

"You will never find a real Human being - Even in a mirror." ....Mike Kremer.