Ellis comments
Quote:
Actually I would bet that any taxing institution would be jumping on the fact that barter credits are really monetary units straight away.
Ellis, you're right. Canadian tax law does precisely what you write.

WE WANT TRADEBUX TO BE RECOGNIZED AS LEGAL TENDER
=================================================
Our tax lawyers working for our universalbartergroup.com make the following argument: OK then, if tradeBUX are monetary units subject to taxation by the three levels of government, then we expect that the CRA (Canada Revenue Agency) should recognize tradeBUX as legal tender for the payment of taxes. Simple.

If come April 30, this happens we predict that charities, and churches will become recognized for what they have always been and, collectively, are: the third sector of the economy. The other two sectors being: The Government, and the business sectors. We also predict that this will encourage all kinds of opportunities for socially-useful and meaningful employment and production of goods and services.

For the record: I have been thinking about this idea since I was ordained in 1953. I began to write about it, seriously in the 1960's. In the 1970's, on the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation--public radio), I spent a whole week broadcasting the idea. In the 1980's, with the help of the same CBC, I became aware of the work of Michael Linton. At long last, I no longer felt alone. A small group of us formed the first Toronto LET system in 1985. Later came the Toronto Dollar system--approved by three mayors.

In order to make the idea more of a public issue, I ran for government in the 1990's--more than once. I felt like I was a mountain climber trying to find the best way to get up a steep slope. Also, in the 1990's, I went on line.

On line I soon discovered that there are many others climbers on the same mountain. Some fell away because of difficulties. However, with the help of the WWW, momentum began to build. More and more eventually joined the climb, from all sides.

Things finally came together about four years ago. Now, more and more of us can finally see that the winds of change have blown away the mist, the fog and clouds. The beautiful peak is just ahead, framed by a clear cerulean-blue sky. WOW!!!What a sight!!!!

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org