Thankyou at last for addressing my comments.
You said:
"JLowe wrote:
"You said that I manipulated data with no proof what-so-ever of me doing so."

I didn't say you manipulated data. I question the value of an analysis done in a closet by someone who acknowledges not being knowledgeable in the subject."

You didn't say I manipulated data. Well lets look at the quote:

"Meaning you substituted the ability to marshall numbers for actual subject matter expertise. Sad!
Very sad. That you would think manipulating numbers in a computer substitute for the reality of the laws of physics. And the laws of physics are quite clear on the matter."

So, tell me if I'm wrong here, please do, but didn't you say that I marshelled numbers, and I manipulated numbers? Seems pretty clear to me.

And with regards to my credentials. I suppose a scanned version doesn't pursuade you. I guess if you turned up to my graduation then you still wouldn't believe yes?

And your comment as why you don't, because you said:

"Where, other than in a pub, would anyone find that acceptable as a description of a statistical methodology."

Well, damn, exactly, and only, the analysis performed on temperature maximum and minimum data globally. Believe it or not, this is how lame the statisticall analysis on data has been for temperature analysis.

so I ask you again, if you feel that the whole issue is all but solved:

'Please tell me of a paper that looks at Australian temperatures at different times of the day, thus keeping the time variable constant. Is the maximum temperature occurring at different times today than in the past? What about different areas? Are we heating up at the heat of the day, or is there a constant increase in temperature throughout the day? How has Australia been heating up at say, 3am? What about in the different months/seasons/areas? How has Australia been going in temperature for days that have a large section of cloud cover as opposed to not? What about times the relationship between cloud cover and temperature at a certain season at say?..6pm? or midnight, or 3am? Is solar radiation a significant factor in increased temperatures when there is cloud cover during the heat of the day? Why has Australia in the last 5 years only increased in temperature when the sun is out?

I?d love you to point me to the supposed multitude of peer-reviewed journal papers that have already answered the above questions. We surely would know all the answers to these before we start spending billions of dollars. Would hate to spend so much money without knowing the full scale of it all.'

Fact is you can't. No in depth analysis has been performed on Austlralian and even, to my knowledge world wide, temperatures as such that I have on my simple blog. And the analysis that previous research has performed, is exactly what I have done and quoted in the past.

It's a masive problem when you start spending god-zillions of dollars on a problem that hasn't even had the decency to analyse the situation to its full value. That is the problem here.