G'day anyman,

Thanks for your post and to a certain extent I agree with you. Dan Morgan often provides very good posts. But right now Climate Change or Global Warming threads deterorate very quickly and have little worth.

This thread is a good example. Mr Lowe, posts his opinions, a fair amount of statistics (at least on his blog which is easily accessible because of the link) but aside from the question as to whether his comments relate to the world's global warming, there was no science discussed at all in the rest of the post. But not a single post on this thread (sadly including mine) actually discusses the information provided. So what is the point?

Even the God and Science post is more on topic than pretty much any global warming thread.

"The board ain't broke...don't try to fix it" I disagree. When it comes to climate related posts, they may start out with some very good topics worth discussing and sometimes they'll even get one or two reply posts that do discuss it but that to me isn't that nothing is "broke". I would, however, agree that overall the board is not broke.

And if you want me to keep posting "the good stuff that you do", my frustration level has to come down a fair bit. Mr Lowe's first post hasn't attracted any science at all. What is the change of Mr Lowe continuing to post here in those circumstances, or all those that read rather than post, contininuing to read such threads?

Please remember that what one person finds amusing, another might find offensive, and if the percieved offence is not simply being thin skinned, then that can discourage interaction. Me, I'm not thin skinned. But I am on on this site to learn or to discuss what interests me. If others can learn from what I'm able to contribute then I'm a really happy little bunny and the current threads are getting nowhere.

Regards

Richard

Sane=fits in. Unreasonable=world needs to fit to him. All Progress requires unreasonableness