Count Iblis II, I'm just saying that Australia and parts of Antarctica have not increased in temperature of the ast 150 years. Period. Nothing else. Whilst it makes sence that Co2 would increase temperatures like it does in a greenhouse, it obviously is making no significant effect on Australia and parts of Antarctica. Let me say once again. There is no evidence to say that Australia and parts of Antarctica are warming up.

DA Morgan,

?So given you are a statistician you feel completely comfortable expounding on the subject of climatology? Why not apply your skills to medicine? to quantum mechanics? to geology? to biomechanics??

Yes, yes and yes. I think you misread what statisticians do. We are given data, we analyse it and send it back. And that is exactly what I have done. Analysed temperature data, proven that Australia and parts of Antarctica have not heated up. I have not said why or how, but that is what I found.

Whilst I could easily google for results as you suggested (I in fact had a go!), you did not answer my question. I am after scientific papers that analyse Australian temperature data to prove that temperatures have increased in the past 150 years.

I am afraid this is getting beyond a joke. So many people quote that famous quote (actually by Benjamin Disraeli later written by Mark Twain), in order to damn any statistician.

And in fact you got the quote wrong, perhaps on purpose. It is: ?There are three types of lies. Lies, damned lies and statistics?. A very big difference. It means that there is an all-too-frequently an intension by a person to interpret data based on the conclusion that they wish to draw.

So just because someone said that, you immediately assume that I have? I have given you my method of my analyse. Feel free to analyse it and peer review it. Perhaps even, as any good scientist should do, try to do the same analysis that I did and see if you got similar or different results ? the key to science.

But do not, and I repeat DO NOT, accuse me of making up, marshalling numbers, and manipulating numbers without any scientific proof whatsoever. Such an accusation without any proof, logic or reason means that you are very lucky to get a response from me at all.

This is hardly a way of conducting scientific discovery. In fact this type of self absorbed talk is in direct contradiction to how science advances. How is science meant to uncover the truth if whenever someone has research that goes against others another?s, you simply toss it away accusing it of all sorts of scientific treason. If I knew you, I should think better. You are lucky that I don?t.