G'day all,

Australian Weather Station Data - Reliability Very High

I too have extensive data for Australia. The weather stations of Australia are perhaps the most accurate over time in the entire world. There has been consistent government, no wars on our shores (except Darwin and other very limited incursions), and a form of government that does not divide such things as weather into numerous little bureaucratic kingdoms.

Australian Met Burea Temperature Data Analysis Conforms to Global Warming General Trends

The Australian Bureau of Meteorology clearly states that Australia's climate has changed and that temperatures have increased, especially in the past 30 years or so. As best as I can tell, the satellite data does not agree with this. I have not yet managed to look at the data in depth to see whether the raw data agrees. However, Mr Lowe says that he has done so and it will be interesting to see what he has come up with.

Discussions Relating to Mr Lowe's Statistics - What Refute's It?

Dan, what did you check out independently? That sort of statement is self serving and frankly a way of demonstrating superiority over the person that you disagree with, unless you are willing to say what you have checked out. Thus far Mr Lowe has concentrated on cyclones and precipitation. Cyclones (different word for hurricanes but the same type of severe weather system) are well studied in Australia and I don't think I've seen any research that disagrees with Mr Lowe's assessment. I've seen some other research that shows that there has been a general decrease in cyclones and typhoons (the Asian word for the same weather pattern) throughout the Pacific and very little in dispute of this.

So what research is available that shows Mr Lowe?s analysis of Australian cyclones is faulty, or is there something in the information Mr Lowe provided that is questionable or deserving of discussion? The same question can be asked concerning precipitation.

Thread Heading

So what do you not agree with that Mr Lowe has said thus far? He hasn't yet put any case in relation to temperature data, only that he will. In that respect, I do believe the title of the thread is misleading. Mr Lowe has not provided anything that supports this, yet and so the title may have been more appropriately something to do with cyclones, precipitation or both.

Discussion Seems to be Confined to Australian Statistics

As to world effects, Mr Lowe, hasn't mentioned this at all. As to whether his initial post suggests that global warming is a fact or not, Mr Lowe is best suited to answer that but, it does seem to me, he is attempting to point out that Australia's weather conditions do not relate to global warming, not that there is definitely global warming but Australia isn't a part of it.

At least this post is about the science of some aspect of climate studies, and that I applaud.

Regards

Richard

Sane=fits in. Unreasonable=world needs to fit to him. All Progress requires unreasonableness