Morgran, damn. I had hoped this was over, but I have to defend myself again instead of my work.

I have completed 2 years of my PhD in sports statistcial analysis, and stopped because my own work was increasing at such a rate, that I couldn't keep my PhD going. I am in the process of restarting my PhD in climate change analysis, from scratch. The quotes are not contradictory.

Previous research, like the one's I posted before have only looked at maximum and minimum Australian temperatures.

?I am confused. Why would anyone with Bachelors, Masters, and working on a Doctorate point anyone to something titled: http://gustofhotair.blogspot.com
when referring to serious science??

Why would anyone discuss science at a place called scieneagogo? Perhaps we should stop all scientific talk at forums and blogs and just allow discussion in peer-reviewed journals.

?You have drawn a conclusion at odds with prior art and have not, or more likely can not, explain why that prior work is incorrect?

Wrong. I have actually agreed with previous research that minimum temperatures and maximum temperatures have increased in Australia over the past 40 years. Over 100 years, the area of minimum temperature increase is significant, however the area of maximum temperature increase is insignificant. My work goes deeper than that and actually analyses temperature changes throughout the day.

?"From these averages we calculated the deviations from the mean for every month of every year for each station."
but you also write:
"These were then summed to get the average deviation from the mean for every station for every year."

Do you really think these statements have meaning?
Would any statistician accept either of these two much less be able to decipher the obvious discrepancy? Worst yet you don't even use common statistical terms properly.?

This is the method that the ABM use to calculate the mean annual Australian maximum and minimum temperatures as shown in their website.

??you are soon to have a rude awakening.?

Please tell me of a paper that looks at Australian temperatures at different times of the day, thus keeping the time variable constant. Is the maximum temperature occurring at different times today than in the past? What about different areas? Are we heating up at the heat of the day, or is there a constant increase in temperature throughout the day? How has Australia been heating up at say, 3am? What about in the different months/seasons/areas? How has Australia been going in temperature for days that have a large section of cloud cover as opposed to not? What about times the relationship between cloud cover and temperature at a certain season at say?..6pm? or midnight, or 3am? Is solar radiation a significant factor in increased temperatures when there is cloud cover during the heat of the day? Why has Australia in the last 5 years only increased in temperature when the sun is out?

I?d love you to point me to the supposed multitude of peer-reviewed journal papers that have already answered the above questions. We surely would know all the answers to these before we start spending billions of dollars. Would hate to spend so much money without knowing the full scale of it all.

?You have misstated a basic concept in statistics for which you were corrected by Count Iblis?

I was merely explaining the ?p-value? to a person who has never heard it before. I was not going into a full blown analysis of it.

?You claim 9 years of college but never name it ... Why? What college??

Monash University, Melbourne, Australia. Probably with the University of Melbourne, the two most highly ranked Australian universities: http://www.monash.edu.au/