Thank you.

What is amazing is that he still doesn't get it.

He wrote: "my PhD in statistical analysis." Good grief!

It is a monstrous breach of ethics. At the University of Washington doing this would be grounds for a disciplinary proceeding. And I've no doubt that in Australia, had he not dropped out of school, he'd have an opportunity to an their ethics policy.

But PhD or not (and it is NOT). Sports or climatology. The raw data he used, from the standpoint of climatology is worthless, his methodology hopelessly inadequate, his ability to describe his work muddled.

But worst yet is that google has the following:
SportPunter.com - Predictions and Profitable gambling in Sport As shown by his credentials, Jonathan Lowe, manager of Sportpunter has obtained a Bsc (hons) (Monash), MSc (Stats) in statistics and started a PhD in sports ...
www.sportpunter.com/tennis/ - 20k - Cached - Similar pages

and

SportPunter.com - Predictions and Profitable gambling in Sport Jonathan Lowe is the managing director of sportpunter. ... He completed a Bachelor of Science at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia. ...
www.sportpunter.com/cred.html - 18k - Cached - Similar pages
[ More results from www.sportpunter.com ]

and what does TrendMicro's PC-cillin Internet Security 2006 have to say about sportpunter.com?
Let me quote:

"The Web site that you are trying to access has been blocked following the configurations set for the Web Site Filter.
Type: Gambling"

Yep ... an uncompleted PhD in something related to sports and academic failure turned into running a gambling website. Now if those aren't the credentials for a climatology expert I don't know what are.

Research Note: I was pretty sure I had him tracked down a few weeks back but I needed the Monash reference to be sure.

So tell me JLowe ... who's going to win the Stanley Cup in 2007?

DA Morgan