Originally Posted By: Orac
And thats the point its a single photon from a quantum dot so the photon should have only 1 path not hundreds.

That's what I SAID!

A single photon can have only one trajectory at a given instant not hundreds of trajectories.

If a single photon is directed towards one such slit you cannot then have hundreds of identical photons emerging from both slits.

...the particle chooses a different path randomly each time...

That's what I SAID! The diagrams to which I referred show a number of trajectories applicable to a NUMBER of particles NOT to a SINGLE particle i.e. as you wrote, above - "...the photon should have only 1 path not hundreds."

...and thats why we see partciles on each of trajectories...

That's correct - that's what I'VE been saying! We 'see' individual particles on each of the trajectories. We don't see the same photon on each of the trajectories!

Your analogy of weighing a thousand sheets of paper confirms my argument that the experiment to which you refer shows the assumed trajectories of 'hundreds' of photons NOT of a single photon!

No one is ever going to be able hard proove to you beyond this if you believe one of the other options they are equally valid beacuse I will never be able to disproove them QM stops me.

You gave the impression that the experiments to which you referred 'proved' that my posting regarding the effect on a particle's trajectory by em radiation passing through the other slit was erroneous - they do NOT!

However you are also ignoring alot of the other weirdness thrown up by QM...

I object to your unwarranted, belittling criticism. I am NOT ignoring same but am not referring to same on the basis that they have no application to the subject on hand i.e. an explanation for the deflection of photons in the twin slit experiment.

I anticipate no response to this request but perhaps you might suggest which of the other weirdnesses arising from QM provide a solution to the claimed particle/wave duality.

You cannot prove that it is "...the same particle everywhere..." because it is NOT the same particle everywhere and your comments, above, show that you are aware of this fact.