The problem is we can show that we have never seen an absorbtion an retranmission at anything other than the original frequency ... quantum behaviour of the electron shell behaviour sort of demands it.

If it doesn't retranmit the photon the atom that absorbed it has more energy .. ergo it gets hotter. Ergo space not being a perfect vaccuum is also above absolute zero even in its futherest points due to the above.

Unless you can cite an example where an atom absorbs one frequency and retransmits another based on energy drain while the atom was in the excitation state I am not sure where you are going with this.

I am not trying to disinform or make any assertions here ... I am willing to believe you just at the moment it is not probable unless you can provide an example.

I can't proove that it couldn't occur because you aren't breaking any physics laws but just pointing out you are asking us to belive something we have never seen and should have really if it were so.

Edit: I should say I am not saying I understand light or cosmology any better than you and I certainly have no theory on how it all works. Every theory I have seen so far has problems with it ... I am just asking and probing questions around tired light.

Last edited by Orac; 07/28/11 06:40 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.