Originally Posted By: Bill
I am of the opinion that when Einstein said that light always travels at the same speed he meant just that.

I am of the opinion that when Einstein said, in 1905, that light always travels at the same speed he meant just that and when, TEN YEARS LATER, he said it doesn't he also meant just that.

I have provided you with reference material to that effect yet you choose to deliberately ignore same.

You say that the measuring tools are distorted. I say that they are perfectly correct under any conditions.

I am obviously wasting my time asking you to respond to my comments or questions as you evidently lack the common courtesy to do so. I have already described the distortion incurred by measuring rods and clocks in a gravitational field but by refusing to respond to my comments you are of the opinion that they never occurred.

Turning your back on a legitimate question is a personal insult indicative of an unworthy opponent.

When I measure a length in a reference frame that is moving or in a different gravitational field with respect to the one I am in I am getting correct measurements, even though they are different from the measurements somebody in that reference frame would get. We are both correct in our measurements, it is just that we are looking at them differently. There is no distortion in any of them. You have to accept that things in a GR world are just not what we intuitively think they are because we live in a world that is very little affected by GR.

Bill Gill

According to SR - if I change my location to that of another, previously synchronous, clock I will find that my clock then lags behind that clock due to the fact that my clock has, whilst I was moving, ticked over at a slower rate than the other clock.

Whilst I am fully entitled to insist, whilst I am moving, that my clock is ticking over at its 'correct' or 'normal' rate I would be contradicting special theory if I were to insist, whilst I am moving, that my clock's rate of operation has not changed from what it was before I started moving.

Oxford dictionary - 'Distorted': changed.

Assuming that they have read and accepted SR - somebody in that clock's reference frame will get the same measurements as I do with respect to my clock's rate of operation not different measurements as you state above.

It appears that 'what I have to accept' is that you will continue to rudely ignore my questions in your authoritarian ad hominem fashion.