Originally Posted By: kallog
...offering somebody a choice is not wrong. Forcing them to take it can be wrong.

Hence, the problems with the World Bank and WMF...
...forcing economic and banking reforms....
frown

Perhaps this is unrelated, but....
http://www.kvnf.org/news.php
Thursday, Sep 23 2010 Headlines

....The head of the UN’s Food and Agriculture Organization has said that corporate influence is undermining sustainable development worldwide. Speaking at a farming summit in London, Dr. Samuel Jutzi said, "I have now been twenty years in a multilateral organization which tries to develop guidance and codes for good agricultural practice, but the real, true issues are not being addressed by the political process because of the influence of lobbyists, of the true powerful entities."
===

...and speaking of lobbyists....
Hey, did anyone see the House Oversight Hearings on the Salmonella problem. I couldn't believe that quote about "...not enough bodies in the street," as the reason Bush Admin. delayed the new (1999/2000) Clinton FDA rules for better monitoring of eggs... delayed for eight more years! But he was right... it was bad for egg sales to publicize the problem. It's nice, I guess, that Obama got those FDA rules started up again just 3 months after taking office. Too bad we didn't do this back when the economy was riding high and the egg industry could better afford to lose millions of dollars.

Pyrolysis creates reduced carbon! ...Time for the next step in our evolutionary symbiosis with fire.