Originally Posted By: kallog
Originally Posted By: ImagingGeek
And I hope you are at least consistent, and follow through with your "morality" in real life - making your kids, spouse, siblings, parents, etc, fight on equal terms with all other people in the world for your time, attention and support.

By your own standards, that's a personal insult.

How do you figure? I don't think I implied you were a white supremisist up there; which is what I found insulting about your prior comment.

Originally Posted By: kallog
You havn't yet justified your view that it's moral to give your neighbors(also strangers) preferential treatment to the detriment of more distant people.

But I did - keeping "charity" close to home maximizes reciprocal altruism; which is pretty much the entire basis of human (and animal) society.

I also disagree totally with your underlying premise - that by buying stuff from close to home harms others. Globalization - the purchasing of goods from around the world, rather than closer to home - has reduced the standard of living in many 3rd world nations. Once independent agrarian people, capable of sustaining and feeding their families, are now among the poorest ad most destitute people on earth. And they are poor because of foreigners wanting to buy their goods - goods they manufacture at slave wages.

Bryan

UAA...CAUGCUAUGAUGGAACGAACAAUUAUGGAA