Originally Posted By: kallog
Originally Posted By: ImagingGeek

1) There is no god, ergo the point's underlying assumption is faulty.

If you remember me from other discussions you know I know there's no God, ergo God means something else. See if you can work it out.

Work out what - that you're not self-consistent?

Quote:

2) Home ranges are a well understood biological phenomena, and are common to most motile animals. It shouldn't be a surprise that humans have them too.

So what? Many animals kill each other. So do humans. Doesn't make it moral.

Also doesn't make it immoral.

But in the cases of home ranges, it is generally a good thing for a species as a whole - it minimizes between-group competition for resources.

Quote:

3) The gods of mythology most certainly divided people into

Mythology is not reality.

You invoked god, not I. I simply pointed out that the very attribute you stated god does not have is actually a defining characteristic.

Quote:

successive waves of migration, invasion and replacement.

I hope you would have supported the Nazis in their quest to create a wave of migration, invasion and replacement. Again just because something's natural, doesn't make it moral. You're frequently confusing the two.

Godwins law, guess I win ;-)

As for the Nazi's , I wouldn't support them. What they did ran contrary to the best interests of our species - species thrive on diversity, the Nazi's wanted uniformity. They actually left a notable hole in the genetic diversity of the countries they ravaged.

Quote:

But you just answered your own question - you (and I) would give them the token. Even you recognize the reality of the

Yes a token because it was the easiest way to get what we wanted. You didn't have to buy local food in Africa, so it's a different case.

Which makes me wonder why you brought up the gangs in the first place.

Bryan

UAA...CAUGCUAUGAUGGAACGAACAAUUAUGGAA