You reckon most of the methane from cows comes from farting rather than bubbling out of their poos on the ground?

That's a pity because Nightwalkery's post gave the idea of doing something with the manuer to prevent the methane release.

Haha that rice production thing sticks it to the greenies wink Maybe it's just me but I seem to notice that environmentalists are always wanting to make changes that end up backfiring:

No nuclear - oh wait but now it might reduce global warming.

Biofuel - oops, many killed by 2008 food price problem.

Light a candle on Earth hour - even tho candles burn more fossil fuel than electric generators.

Don't buy imported food - but locally produced food can be worse for the environment due to unsuitable local climate.

Save the whales - even tho whales eat plankton, one of the major sources of oxygen in the air. Hehe well that's probably a neglible effect, but it's the principle!

Organic farming - except the world is running out of arable land and organic farming has lower yield than traditional farming.

Car emissions controls - reduce toxic emissions at the expense of more greenhouse gasses.

Stop clubbing baby seals - and save the polar bears too.

Heh, well I've been off the forum for 2 weeks so I think I deserve a good rant :P