Originally Posted By: kallog
Quote:

Globalization - the purchasing of goods from around the world, rather than closer to home - has reduced the standard of living in many 3rd world nations. Once independent agrarian people, capable of sustaining and feeding their families, are now among the poorest ad most destitute people on earth. And they are poor because of foreigners wanting to buy their goods - goods they manufacture at slave wages.

I think we've moved away from the statement that kicked this off, above. You're no longer trying to defend this, and are even going against it.

Really? Where did I do that?

To the contrary, I provided citations which directly supported my original statement - that globalization as it exists today has greatly lowered the quality of life of people in 3rd world nations. That is exactly what I said above.

For the sake of brevity I cut the remainder of your statement, but I would remind you again about the pointlessness of using China as an example - they were industrialized long before globalization existed in the modern sense. Making the (true) statement that globalization has helped improve the quality of life of people in an industrialized nation is nothing but a red herring when talking about the effect of globalization on non-industrialized/currently industrializing nations.

Any ways, I provided the citations that support my position vis-a-vis globalization and its impact on 3rd world nations. You chose to ignore them, and "creatively interpreted" what I had clearly stated in my last post. Either read those citations, or take my comments at face value, but if you're going to continue to re-write my statements to make it seem as though I've said things I have not, then my involvement in this thread is over.

Bryan

UAA...CAUGCUAUGAUGGAACGAACAAUUAUGGAA