I will consult a geologist when I happen across one - if I think of it. None of the geologists I know right now are at the PhD level. Just because a person is a geologist doesn't mean the person is an expert on the formation of sand - any more than the fact that someone has a PhD in computer science makes him an expert on artificial intelligence. That you have consulted a geologist is not very compelling to me, as people often misrepresent what they think they know - sometimes from lying and sometimes for other reasons.

We haven't discounted that the guy doesn't know what he thinks he knows. He may have some experience and have drawn some poor conclusion from the experience he does have.

Even if he is lying or exaggerating his experience, it's not evidence of any kind that he's a government agent. It's consistent with a government conspiracy, but it seems to me that any non-conspiring reality is consistent with conspiracy. The more reasonable and mundane, the more likely the conspiracy is just better than we can detect. OTOH, I could be part of this conspiracy. I can't prove otherwise. From my perspective, it could be YOU who is the government agent trying to make people who question the government seem like a bunch of conspiracy theorists.