Well, I can really understand why they banned you smile
Sorry, but If I had a forum for discussions related to some particular topic (e.g. Astronomy) and sombody starts complaining about "green zombie-jews taking over world control" I would delete the thread immediately.

In my opinion there are at least two or three major problem in tlaking with conspiration-therorie-thruthers:

a) Lack of real knowledge, so wrong assumptions are made. Sometimes assumptions that "feel" right on first thought but wich are totaly out of context.
Usually these facts can be explained by real experts on the subject, but since these explanations are somewhat complicated the truthers just won't get it. (the universe and physics tend to be more complex then we think)

-> This is the case with: no stars visible, flag moving, shadows in wrong directions, too good light, etc.

b) The big picture is ignored.
For example: The Apollo-Programm and the Moonlanding wasn't done out of thin air. There have been other projects before (mercury), from other states as well. So the major obstacle (getting something into orbit) has been solved.
Or do you suppose all this other projects have been fakes as well?

Instead of looking at the really big holes in the conspiration theories (e.g. communication over several changing stations due to earth rotations is hard to fake and a Soviet Union eager to see a US project fail) the truther are always nitpicking at minor technical details (Which of course can be explained, but you would need certain knowledge to do so).
(the cross-hair stuff is such a technical detail)

c) No matter what the facts are, some people just believe in the absurdest things. There is no way to get you to change your mind. (Probably the same goes for me).
So the only reason to discuss such matters with truthers is to show other yet undecided people how to interpret these facts correctly.

-------------

So in my opinion the Apollo project was the culmination of a long series of projects, starting with the German A4 and V2, followed by several very successful steps by the Soviet Union and the United States (satellite, manned flight, space walk, rendezvous in orbit, ...) . So the really big task: "getting someone savely into orbit and back" was unquestionably solved. Therefore the moonlanding is exactly in the right political and technological timeframe. (Ok, would the US in 1950 have announced they brought someone to Jupiter and back, I would be skeptical to).

Last edited by Momos; 01/19/10 01:28 PM.