Originally Posted By: Bill S.
Saying that you believe something doesn’t exist is not quite the same as saying it “can not and does not exist”.

Ahh finally you get it.

Science and science logic does not setup and can not setup to test that form because it is based on current knowledge => “can not and does not exist” defies that premise.

So nothing in science "can not and does not exist" not even an absolute nothing because to know that you would need all knowledge smile

Are you seriously saying that “Green aliens” cannot exist, because you have never measured one?

No does not exist ... you keep changing "does not" to "cannot"

It's subtle but you keep doing it.

Would you not have to be personally acquainted with everything in the cosmos to justify such a claim?

Correct so “Green aliens” do not exist but as to whether they cannot exist I have no idea nor care.

And so from science absolute nothing does not exist but I have no idea if it can not exist nor do I care it's not relevant to the field of science because I can't measure it.

So lets complete the loop now to infinity which is where this all began a long long time ago.

Science (I should subset that to Russian science I guess) says an actual physical infinity does not exist but it does not say an actual physical infinity can not exist it is silent on that matter.

Last edited by Orac; 02/06/14 01:30 AM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.