Originally Posted By: Orac
Originally Posted By: Bill S
If there is nothing, there is nothing, there is nothing to borrow and no one to do the borrowing or lending

That is called "Absolute nothing" and it's not a science term smile

Absolute nothing as per your definition can't exist in science it's not possible because there is an instant falsification because you exist.

... If you really feel absolute nothing as you have defined is essential then you need to take up a religion there isn't another choice and I am serious.

....."Nothing seems to be a concept, could it ever really exist".

See it is a simple two choice problem with absolute nothing

(A) Absolute nothing can not and does not exist as evidence by the fact you are here.

(B) There is some GOD, Deity or whatever who can make something from absolute nothing.

They are the only two possible start points choose (A) or (B).

... If your question was able to be answered it would however have implications to religion.

So make a choice Bill S .... A or B
Orac, where does astronomy fit in to this discussion?--See the link, below I just found on SAGG.

The Bible does imply that, in the beginning, G.O.D (as a NO-thing, neither an object, nor a subject) created everything out of NO-thing, eh! laugh And G.0.D (the NO-thing, 0) is still in the business.

http://scienceagogo.com/news/20120011182544data_trunc_sys.shtml cool

Last edited by Revlgking; 01/23/14 10:18 PM. Reason: Always helpful

G~O~D--Now & ForeverIS:Nature, Nurture & PNEUMA-ture, Thanks to Warren Farr&ME AT www.unitheist.org