Originally Posted By: Bill S
If there is nothing, there is nothing, there is nothing to borrow and no one to do the borrowing or lending

That is called "Absolute nothing" and it's not a science term smile

Absolute nothing as per your definition can't exist in science it's not possible because there is an instant falsification because you exist.

Now can I reverse the problem why do you feel the need to even consider an absolute nothing? If you really feel absolute nothing as you have defined is essential then you need to take up a religion there isn't another choice and I am serious.

I don't get why you struggle with this concept it's a black and white answer as science will never be able to have an absolute nothing start because as per your definition above it can't >>> you defined it that way <<<.

You keep asking me the same question "How do you create something from nothing" but you scarcely ever consider the reverse problem I give you "Nothing seems to be a concept, could it ever really exist".

See it is a simple two choice problem with absolute nothing

(A) Absolute nothing can not and does not exist as evidence by the fact you are here.

(B) There is some GOD, Deity or whatever who can make something from absolute nothing.

They are the only two possible start points choose (A) or (B).

Regardless of your start point there appears to be laws and logic to the universe so science will exist and we will study them to advance our civilizations. Science existence doesn't depend on the answer.

The answer to that question ultimately isn't that important we are not here to prove or disprove the existence of GOD we are concerned with science. If your question was able to be answered it would however have implications to religion.

So make a choice Bill S .... A or B .... no-one is ever going to give you any others and can't because of what absolute nothing implies.

When you have done so you will find nothing changes with anything you studied in science smile

However after answering the choice, your religious status is decided ... see the question is religious not science smile

It really is that simple with absolute nothing.

Last edited by Orac; 01/23/14 04:05 PM.

I believe in "Evil, Bad, Ungodly fantasy science and maths", so I am undoubtedly wrong to you.