Wayne wrote:
"The Pope could call you on the phone and apologize personally and it wouldn't be enough for you."

You are right of course. I would ask him to sell off the Vatican's art treasures and give the money to Bill Gates to support the fight against malaria.

No one need apologize to me and I am not looking for one. I am not among those harmed and in fact live a reasonably charmed life. But given the choice between dynamiting the Sistine Chapel or curing malaria ... I'd be asking for the blasting cord.

Wayne wrote:
"As much as Christ is God, when he was here on Earth it was as a man."

Of course I read the story. But as a man who did not know the truth?

History is full of people who went to their death willingly because of their faith in nation or religion. I've personally watched someone throw themselves on top of instant and guaranteed death. Are we to believe that the son of god had a lesser commitment?

I am quite familiar with Apologetics. My education is substantially greater than imagine. But then I am also familiar with the fact that there are three different Biblical stories and only one of them has Jesus uttering those words and displaying human emotions. The other two do not support this version. Would you be willing to say the other two are incorrect?

DA Morgan